Brave Browser To Make First Set Of Bitcoin Payments

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

brave-browserBrendan Eich, the former chief executive officer of Mozilla launched the ‘Brave Browser’ earlier this year and in September decided to put the browser’s integrated payment system into beta testing.

The ‘Brave Browser’ which is a for-profit adblocker has a unique model that does not display bad ads that slow down browsing speed and track user data but instead has a specific set of criteria that companies must meet in order to publish clean ads on the network.

The Brave Browser is expected to pay Bitcoins to its clients and also to users who have signed up to view these clean ads. The first set of Bitcoin payments were expected to be made on October 8 and publishers can now follow a step-by-step guide on the website in order to receive payments. Brave Browser users have the option of viewing clean ads and getting paid in Bitcoins or opting out of viewing these clean ads and not being eligible to receive any Bitcoin payments. The company makes a significant amount of its revenue from charging high paying clients for publishing ads on its clean network.

The company released a statement promoting its Brave Browser saying “We believe this system, which puts users in charge of their Web experiences and helps create a direct relationship with their favored publishers, will finally reset the ad tech ecosystem in favor of consumers and content providers. This is a win-win for everyone who has a stake in the open Web and who is weary of giving up privacy and revenue to the ad-tech intermediaries and their high ‘ad tax’”.

Bitcoin Payment Breakup

The company is relying on Brave Ledger which is a Bitcoin integrated payment system for paying out Bitcoins to all clients and users who have opted in for Bitcoins. All the clean ad fees collected by the Brave Brower will go into one account and thereafter be divided based on the following: The publishers will get the major share of ad revenue with 55 percent being given to them. Their revenue earnings will be determined by the number of ad impressions that are published on their websites. The remaining 45 percent is split into 15 percent each and shared by Brave, ad-matching partners and Brave Browser users.

The first set of Bitcoin payments will be deposited into user’s individual bitcoin wallets. Users will then have the option to withdraw their Bitcoins or to once again donate it back to their list of favorite websites. It is important for Brave Browser users to note that by default the payment mode is set to donations. Users will have to verify their identity before being given permission to change the default mode.

The Brave Browser offers users a unique set of propositions that include providing them with a faster and less annoying browsing experience, safeguarding their personal and financial information from bad ads that track user data and their browsing choices and offer them protection from being exploited by malvertising – which is being exposed to ad networks that deliver malware.

October 10, 2016: • No Comments

Comments are closed.